Thread: Back into again after a 15yr hiatus

Back into again after a 15yr hiatus

Had a couple 150gl show tanks back in the day, 5 months ago I set up a 40breeder planted tank with 14 species of plants and and stocked with fancy guppies, cories, tiny plecos, butterfly loaches and whisker shrimp. Never had a planted tank before and I love it and the whisker shrimp a blast to watch. I've been feeding thw whisker shrimp the super goldfish food for red color enhancer and they're turning a nice transparent rusty-maroon color.

I also have a 5gl planted tank with (hopefully a breeding pair) of dwarf mexican orange crays and a 29 tall with a few small comets and koi that I'm collecting for when I setup my new 150 show tank sometime after Xmas (I have to build a stand and the filtration system)

I'm flabbergasted how much has changed in the hobby, there's so much information available now (interwebz was weak 15yrs ago in comparison) Filtration set ups are amazing especially DIY, new breeds of fish, the tiny colored shrimp are so awesome etc etc. Back in the day seeing a blue crayfish was a rarity and a spectacle.

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello there Guest,
    To view this post you must either register and log in. Thank you!

Hello there Guest,
    To view this post you must either register and log in. Thank you!