Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Experience With PayPal Claims?

What's Your Experience With PayPal Claims?

Well, it was bound to happen and finally did. After shipping over 1,000 boxes of fish over the past 10+ years, we finally had someone file their first dispute/claim with PayPal and I was wondering what everyone's collective experience has been.

The Facts: The customer bough a box of Rams from us at the beginning of April. She received the fish on April 9, and sent us the following e-mail: "they arrived today healthy and alive they are in the tank... getting to know their new home " Approximately a week later, she left the following post on our web site: "I bought some rams from Somefin'sfishy this last week... they arrived safe, alive and thriving. no defects. no ich... i ran across this site in my google searching and I'm glad i did.. you never know what you get when purchasing live animals online.. they are definitely the best! i will definitely be back for future purchases! A+++ Guys keep it up!"

We received no other communication from her until nearly a month later (May 4) when I received the following: "i thought i should let you know if u havent figured it out yet.. but your fish came to me with a few dots of ich.. i didnt notice it at first.. then a few days later a few more dots... i had to do some research on what it was.. and now im trying to rid of it.. cause now my tank is infected from it."

We responded the same day by giving her a lengthy explanation of the life-cycle of Ich, and how she could treat the fish. Later that same day, she opened a case with PayPal and escalated it to a claim. Believe it or not, this is the first bad experience we have had with a buyer and the first one to ever claim that our fish had Ich. The fish were being kept in a planted community tank with other fish (and Rams she said she bought at PetCo).

We filed a response with PayPal and included her original e-mail saying that they arrived alive and healthy, and included a copy of her post from a week later indicating they were free of Ich (a strange post if you haven't previously had problems with ich). I also included a copy of our lengthy response to her.

My question is: What kind of response can we expect from PayPal?

Hello there Guest,
    To view this post you must either register and log in. Thank you!

Hello there Guest,
    Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep

Hello there Guest,

Hello there Guest,

Hello there Guest,
    Last edited by dsblackwell1; 05-12-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Hello there Guest,

Hello there Guest,

Hello there Guest,

Hello there Guest,