Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is everybody?!

Where is everybody?!

When I first came here only a few years ago, the forums were such a hub of activity, you could check in a couple times a day and each time find dozens more posts and replies. There's been a trickling away of activity since then, and now the most recent activity was me asking if anybody knew anything about Bill, four days ago.
    I'm not pointing fingers or even complaining, really, just kind of disappointed and perplexed. I would guess that on an individual level, each person who used to be more active here might simply say they've had no questions or stories to share, or have been too busy to visit the forums. But can anyone think of a theory as to why this trend could have steadily grown to the point where days go by and no forums have even one new post or reply?
    I should note that I've made a similar observation in aquatic Facebook groups. Many that used to have so much daily activity it would take hours to read through and make any appropriate replies, now have mostly offers (some of which violate the groups' rules but even admins seem disinterested in monitoring), and the occasional "what strain is this?" or "what disease is this?" newbie post, some receiving a few replies but others totally ignored. I know, this isn't Facebook and I don't mean to ask for any answers about it, just wondering if there's an overall conclusion to be made about an online aquatics "bubble" having burst over the last few years. I can say that sometimes when I'm thinking of making a post about something, I have to think about where to make it (here, this or that FB group, multiple ones???), so maybe there's a general sense of overload, overabundance of aquatics focal points, leaving some to find it daunting and overwhelming.
    It's worth noting: The ONE exception to lack of activity here is of course, the 'Politics' forum. I've never understood why there was such a forum here, not saying I 'disapproved' or anything, just thought it was kind of like an Asian restaurant having pizza on the menu, even though there are dozens of pizza restaurants within reasonable distance. Now it looks more like an alcohol-serving restaurant where people only come for the beer and wine, while the stoves and ovens sit cold. Has the current political climate sucked away all the attention even within non-political interest forums?

Hello there Guest,
    To view this post you must either register and log in. Thank you!

Hello there Guest,
    Sooner or later you will pay for every good deed you do

Sethanie
    http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...eller&Sethanie

Hello there Guest,
    Last edited by mattcham; 09-18-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Hello there Guest,

Hello there Guest,

A Yeahbut (from Greek ὑπόθεσιc)
    Consists either of a "suggested"explanation for an observable phenomenon or of a
    reasoned proposal predicting a possible causal correlation among multiple phenomena.

Hello there Guest,

Hello there Guest,
    An old curse, attributed to either Chinese or Irish: "May you live in interesting times." I think times are about to get very interesting.

Hello there Guest,

Hello there Guest,