Thread: Don't let Summer slip away

Don't let Summer slip away

July 4th has come and gone and I bet many of you folks haven't done anything Summery yet. Summer has a way of disappearing quickly after the 4th. Before you know it, the leaves will be turning, the evening air starts to get crisp, and you start saying, "I'll make sure I do this and that NEXT Summer". Been there, done that, for far too many years.

Yesterday wasn't nearly as hot as recent days so I made plans to not have any plans other than to retrieve my pickup from getting serviced. We did that early, right after breakfast which was fantastic because it included BACON. I LOVE bacon. Next, we decided to visit a small lake we've been to once a few years ago. It's only twenty-some miles away so it wasn't anything monumental in terms of a road trip. We grabbed a few beverages and tossed them in a small cooler, went to the grocery store where Sherry went in to get some fried chicken from the deli while I fueled up the pickup. Our goal was to just get away from the house and have some fun with Griffin, our dog. Griffin has been in water but never in deep enough to actually swim, until we got to the lake. After trying to go play with the hundreds of wild geese on the shore we took him over to the boat ramp where it gets deep quickly. As soon as his feet got wet, he was in the water swimming and having the time of his life. After a while, we went to one of the picnic areas to have lunch in the shade. It was a perfect setting too. The temp was perfect, the skies were blue, no bugs, and no people.

When we left, we were all relaxed from having a great stress-free outing and rewarded ourselves with a Blizzard from DQ. When we got home Sherry grilled a killer steak while I tossed some huge logs in our fire pit for some atmosphere while we watched the sunset. We didn't go very far, we didn't spend much money, but geez, we had a GREAT day. Sometimes the simplest things are the most rewarding.

This is a hobby. This is only a hobby.

Hello there Guest,
    To view this post you must either register and log in. Thank you!

Hello there Guest,
    If we ignore nature , maybe it will go away..
    Feeding frenzy = Plecocaine = Feeding frenzy

Hello there Guest,
    Jon
    "just some old angel nut"
    http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/

Hello there Guest,
    We have enough youth what we need is a fountain of smart.

Hello there Guest,

Hello there Guest,
    The aphorism known as Hanlon's Razor dictates that one should never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Hello there Guest,