How come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come?

Nobodies auctioning off wild caught Corydoras any more? Can't anyone just go pick up aeneus and paleatus corys at their local petshop? What's the deal with the corydoras section these days?

I'm not sure if this is true of South America, but I had a good discussion with Blue Chip Aquatics and posed the same question your asking but about African Cichlids. He had more than one reason why there a fewer wild caughts, but there is one thing that stood out the pandemic. He said there a far fewer connecting flights which are needed to get the fish out of the country. Especially last year the pandemic reeked havoc with the airlines.

Comment

Originally posted by lotsoffish View Post
      Nobodies auctioning off wild caught Corydoras any more? Can't anyone just go pick up aeneus and paleatus corys at their local petshop? What's the deal with the corydoras section these days?
      Just looked at the Cory list, today. That's the single most pathetic list of fish that I have ever seen on Aquabid. I was shocked. Truly a sad state of affairs.

Comment

• Ella
        Ella commented
        Editing a comment
        I just rejoined after a couple of yrs and corys are one of my favorite. Sounds like I will be out of luck.

Originally posted by lotsoffish View Post
      Originally posted by Coryologist View Post

Just looked at the Cory list, today. That's the single most pathetic list of fish that I have ever seen on Aquabid. I was shocked. Truly a sad state of affairs.
      Apistogramma is the same thing. Has gone from pages to half a page on a good day.

Comment

This lockdown for covid has affected everything i'd imagine.
        We have enough youth what we need is a fountain of smart

Comment

Working...
        X