Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently setup a tank about a week ago. I have been cycling with 3 zebra danios and 3 water sprite. I have added Stabil the last 7 days. My ammonia was up, but now its down and my nitrates are at 20ppm. Is this a sign my tank is cycled? I came to aquariums from reptiles so this is a whole new world to me. Just looking for some guidance for when I can add some panda corys and mollies! TIA!

normal cycle time is 6-12 weeks.while you may be able to speed it up a bit 1 week just doesn't cut it. How big is the tank ? you can add a few more small fish to speed it up a little..you need to give it a little more time to stabilize...

Comment

My ammonia and nitrite have now been holding at 0. Nitrates around 40ppm. Everything is going good fish are great water sprites are growing fast. I added 6 guppies and 2 otocinclus. I had an algae bloom 5 days ago so I have snails in too. Going to continue monitoring but my ammonia hasn't spiked for a week now. Still give it time before I add anything more?

Comment

I would watch it for a few more days to make sure it is stable..in about a week you should be able to start adding a little more livestock.just not a whole bunch at one time..the best of luck to you.

Comment

Did as you said and everything is good. Added 5 guppies and 2 ottos. I did have a bout of bga I used the bga stain remover by ultralife and its cleared up. Another question I have is when should I change the HOB filter? I have a sponge filter running too

Comment

for me i wait until the flow slows down a little .then rinse the cartridge in a bucket of tank water.

Comment

Working...
            X