No announcement yet.

Life is good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep down to 8 laying hens, 2 roosters and 28 chicks. They start laying at 6 months old. Have 3 female chicks that should start laying in May, Several more that should be laying in June/July. About 1/2 of the chicks appear to be male. Hard to tell until the comb starts to develop. Company that I ordered the original ones from only give a 80% accuracy guaranty.

Will sell off the extra males or put them in the freezer after butchering of course.
    Zombies are Alive and Well!
    I drive State Road 200

Comment

Just sold Mama hen's Chicks, just about 6 weeks old. The guy was happy to get them. Now I have a little cash I wish I could find some ammo. Nothing available local, found on line "in stock" 22LR .70 each plus shipping 12 gauge cheapest $1.40 a shot better $2.60 a shot plus shipping. I'm afraid I waited too long.
      I drive State Road 200

Comment

Oh you can find it but it's expensive which was the plan . I got what i needed the last time we had an anti gunner in the WH.
        We have enough youth what we need is a fountain of smart

Comment

I do a large local show about 8 or 9 times a year.ammo is outrageous.a few months ago the guy next to me sold more than 40,000 rounds of 9mm in a day and a half. I was able to find a couple of boxes of 45 ACP and 150 rounds of 5.56..the 45 ammo was $38 for 50 rounds and the 5.56 was $130 for the 150 rounds..thinking of getting the daughter and son in law to start reloading..

Comment

I did find 22LR last night online 250 rounds for $60. I put it in the cart $18 shipping! WHAT for a pound and a half if that. They sent me an email asking to finish my transaction or reply why you didn't want to complete the purchase. They do have a Buyers Club that gives Free shipping on most ammo. It's only $80 a year. I'm on a fixed income and I swear it's like someone is out to destroy America. Diesel is almost $3 a gallon. Gas has gone up here everyday. If someone comes for my gun I guess I'll have to give it to them upside the head. "that was meant as a joke" I do not believe in violence.

Feed for my poor chickens went up 25% in 6 days.
            I drive State Road 200

Comment

I stand corrected! The company I just ordered from was the one that wanted $18 shipping for 250 22LR rounds. They do not have a buyers club. Got shotgun mags today, I ordered 50 rounds 12 ga and 500 rounds 22LR shipping $22. That I can live with, I apologized to them for my ignorance and confusion. Their pricing is better then most.
              I drive State Road 200

Comment

Just got the 2 magazines that they told me were back-ordered on Tuesday!
                Thank you Lord for looking out for me. I sent the company a special thank you email.

I drive State Road 200

Comment

Started 56 more eggs.
                  I drive State Road 200

Comment

well done red.pretty soon you are going to have a meeelion of them little buggers runnin around. my nephew used to keep chickens and a couple of ducks..

Comment

The original chicks I got from a mail order hatchery. They will be 1 year old on the 27th of this month.The 7 hens I have left from the original group eggs are getting rather large, Fox or other predators have gotten 5 hens and Buddy. Rocky is doing okay, he was very happy to come home. He's hit me from behind twice so far, had his butt elevated with a little help. A 6 month old rooster is much easier to train then one that's almost a year old.

Ducks are great weeders, but they do leave some messy droppings. I'm sticking to the plants, chickens and rabbits. I just hope people are happy with what has happened to Our country.

Viva la France!
                      I drive State Road 200

Comment

Woohoo! Found my digital camera that has been missing since the end of October or September of 2020. Charging battery now. Life is good, I almost bought a new one!
                        I drive State Road 200

Comment

It finally rained here late yesterday afternoon. Plants look very happy now and so do I! Thank you Lord for the life giving rain we were blessed with yesterday. It has been
                          I drive State Road 200

Comment

35 hatched so far out of 56. Best hatch rate so far!
                            I drive State Road 200

Comment

Working...
                            X